Category Archives: headcount
Posted by Team @ The PR Workshop
Out there, you will have a hundred social media experts knocking at your door, armed with flashy presentations – aimed at bedazzling you, and indeed luring you to sign up their services to get more followers to your socmed accounts, or more visitors to your website.
Let me tell you a simple, but most forgotten fact – In the omnipresent and connected world – the number of followers or visitors matters the least!
What matters is how engaged are the handful of followers or visitors who are clued on to your work or brand. And how much they perceive that your brand might be of some value to them, now, little later or much later – somewhere in that distant time horizon.
If that is not to be, your hundreds or even thousands of followers may be of sheer cosmetic value, serving just to pamper your ego – the make believe world that you will win with so many 1000s of followers.
The easiest I can illustrate this folly is the retail business in that real world out there (thanks to a handful of my friends in the retail space). Out there, footfalls and actual sales may well have no connect at all. Footfalls are just a baby step – the consumer who comes in has to see tangible value or a great service. The footfall is miles and miles away from the tangible sale – and the interregnum ought to be filled with value, engagement, content, customer support, choice, USP… almost all those terms you will come across in the blue book of marketing.
Every click towards your social media platforms has to lead to content, engagement, and a valued conversation. Much more worthy for the visitor that what he invests in clicking and browsing through your social-omni-presence.
Does your presence out there in the social media world lead to such a kind of engagement? Value? Dialogue?
If the answer is in the affirmative, you are ready to call the bluff of a whole lot of social media strategists!
Are you ready! And Are you there??
- Social Media in the Pharmaceutical Industry: Connectivity, Engagement and Implementation (prweb.com)
- Engaging your readers via social media at Tekom tcworld 2012 (ffeathers.wordpress.com)
- 100 Ways to Engage In Social Media (blogs.salesforce.com)
- Engaged Social Media Users Spend Up to 40 Percent More [Data] (hubspot.com)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)